Real Name: Pyreus Kril
Search for 'Firelord (Marvel)' on Amazon
Firelord was given a portion of the power cosmic and has the power to control cosmic energy in the form of stellar fire, making him equal to a miniature sun. Like a star, Firelord can project any form of energy possessed by a star such as heat, light, gravity, radio waves and charged particles. He can fly under his own power at light speed and can even travel through hyperspace. Firelord has superhuman strength, god-like stamina and is nearly invulnerable. He can survive indefinitely in the vacuum of space without food, water, or air.
Firelord was sent to Earth, by his master, Galactus, in order to seek out two individuals â€“ the mighty Thor and his companion Hercules. Weary after a battle with the deadly Destroyer, Thor transformed himself back to his human form of Dr. Donald Blake in order to check on a patient he was caring for. While at the hospital, Firelord sensed his targets and proceeded to procure them. Injuring some of the staff, Firelord did not go unnoticed by the Prince of Power, and Firelordâ€™s arrogance gave Hercules the wrong impression about his intentions. The two did battle, but the awesome powers of Firelord were too much for the Olympian to handle, and even the added might of Thor could not prevent Firelord from summoning his master. Galactus eventually, arrived on Earth, not to destroy it, but to enlist the aid of the Thunder god against the now insane Ego, the Living Planet, in order to save the universe. Firelord, Thor and Hercules traveled to Ego and touched down on its surface where an incredible battle ensued. The heroes prevailed only when Galactus attached a powerful propulsion unit to Egoâ€™s surface and blasted him into deep space. Soon after, Firelord asked to be a free man once again, and Galactus released him from his service when Thor offered up the Destroyer as a replacement herald.
Firelord decided to remain on Earth for some reason that eluded him, and during his time he had encounters with beings such as Jean Grey and the Avengers. Firelord has also fought beside and against Thor on more than one occasion too. One such instance was sparked because of a televised battle between Thor and another former herald of Galactus, Air-Walker. Seeing the familiar face of his friend in distress ignited the rage within Firelord and he quickly flew to his aid. However, he arrived too late and his long lost companion was dead at Thorâ€™s feet. The fury inside Firelord had nowhere to go, so he directed it at the Asgardian. The battle was fierce and brutal until Firelord told of his past and what Gabriel, the Air-Walker, meant to him. His tale ended with his confrontation with Galactus and his demands of releasing Gabriel from servitude. Galactus was so impressed with the audacity of this stranger that he offered him the opportunity to become herald, and Firelord was born. After he calmed down considerably, Firelord took the remains of Air-Walker, returned to space and buried him on an asteroid near their homeworld.
Eventually, Firelord returned to Earth, and in an attempt to enjoy earthly pleasures, his arrogance got in the way again. He was attacked by several construction workers, and the commotion drew the attention of Spider-Man. Unfamiliar with Firelord, Spider-Man attacked but was quickly put on the defensive once the former herald of Galactus had enough. In the end, after pursuing Spider-Man throughout Queens and into Manhattan, Spider-Man managed to defeat Firelord just by running on pure adrenaline from his fear of being demolished. Firelord ultimately recovered and had other meetings with Earthâ€™s heroes like Quasar before returning to space and starting a brief romance with another herald of Galactus, Nova. This could be one of the reasons why he chose to aid Nova and the Silver Surfer, along with the other former Heralds of Galactus, against the deranged Morg. That conflict ended with Morgâ€™s defeat and Novaâ€™s death, but Firelord, and the newly resurrected Air-Walker, agreed to act as heralds once again.
Time had passed, and Firelord was released from service but was called back into action when the forces of Annihilus destroyed his homeworld of Xandar in an attempt to draw him and Air-Walker out into the open. The plot worked, but the Annihilus got more than he bargained for because Firelord would not go down easy. In fact, with Red Shift and Stardust at his side, he didnâ€™t go down at all. After the Annihilation Wave was defeated, Firelord sought revenge for the destruction of the Xandar Cluster and hunted down the remaining forces of Annihilus known as the Centurions. Although his hatred for the Centurions is strong, Firelord allowed a small group that claimed to change their ways to survive, but warned that if they did not do right, they would die by his hand.
It can be assumed that Firelord continues patrolling the vastness of space and where he turns up next has yet to be revealed.
First Appearance: Thor (1966) #225
Firelord (Marvel) is a favorite character of 9 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2006)
#4 Annihilation (2006)
- 'Damon Dran to Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzberg, & Holliway'
#1 Annihilation: The Nova Corps Files (2006)
- 'Blood And Thunder'#3
- 'Desperate Measures'#6
Annihilation: Heralds Of Galactus (2007)
Annihilation: Saga (2007)
Annihilation: Silver Surfer (2006)
#2 Avengers (2010)
- 'The Culling'#3#4
Avengers Forever (1998)
#12 Beta Ray Bill: Godhunter (2009)
- 'Avengers Assemble!'
Captain America & the Korvac Saga (2011)
#1 Code of Honor (1997)
- 'Strange Days'#2
- 'The Traveler'#4
- 'The Star Lord'
#10 Deadpool Team-Up (2010)
- 'In the Darkness... a Light'
Die Spinne (1980)
#127 Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme (1988)
- 'Der Fluch des Goldes'#128
- 'Firelord - Das Flammende Inferno'#129
- 'Rettung in Letzter Sekunde...'
#33 Eternals (2008)
- 'The Alexandria Quatrain'#35
- 'To Hela and Back'
Fantastic Four (1961)
Fantastic Four (1968)
Galactic Guardians (1994)
#1 Guardians Of The Galaxy (1990)
- 'Amid the Encircling Gloom!'#2
- 'I Have Loved the Stars Too Fondly to Be Fearful of the Night'#3
- 'Let Him Who Desires Peace Prepare for War'#4
- 'What's Past is Prologue'
Annual 01Annual 01 (Newsstand Edition)Annual 02 Hämähäkkimies / Spider-Man (1980)
- 'The System Bytes Part 4: Riders on the Storm'#2
- 'The Stark Truth!'#3
- 'Split Decision'#4
- '...And Then Came Firelord!'#12
- 'Nothing Like A Little Overkill'#14
- 'Hallowed Be Thy Name.'#15
- 'The Power Of... The Protege'#16
- 'Should One Of Us Fall!'#24
- 'The Coming Of The Keeper!'#25
- 'And Now...Galactus'#34
- 'A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Guardians Of The Galaxy'#35
- 'Biological Warfare'#36
- 'Taste The Deathless Life'#37
- 'Time Bears All Its Sons Away'
Infinity Crusade (1993)
#1 Infinity Gauntlet (1991)
- 'The Damned'#6
#1 Kostajat / The Avengers (2011)
- 'From Bad to Worse'#3
- 'Preparations for War'#4
- 'Cosmic Battle on the Edge of the Universe!'#5
- 'Astral Conflagration'#6
- 'The Final Confrontation'
L'étonnant Spider-Man (1969)
#173 Le Puissant Thor (1972)
- 'La fievre de l`or!'#174
- 'Brule, araignee!'#175
- 'Le heros et l`holocauste!'
#35 Marvel (1988)
- 'L'arrivee de Firelord! Seigneur du feu!'#36
- 'La bataille du monde lointain'#37
- 'A la recherche de...Ego!'#38
- 'Ego: du commencement a la fin!'#42
- 'Le combat eclate!'#44
- 'Une amere victoire!'#56
- 'La fureur de Firelord!'
Marvel Exklusiv (1998)
#20 Nova (1994)
- 'The Infinity Gauntlet - Die Ewige Fehde!'
Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2008)
HC vol. 04 She-Hulk (2005)
- 'Earthmover to Guardians of the Galaxy'
Silver Surfer (1987)
Annual 05 Strange Tales (2009)
- 'The Return of the Defenders Part 3'Annual 07
- 'To Serve'#19
- 'Playing With Matches'#20
- 'The Hero in Absence'#54
- 'Field of Honor'#67
- 'Sins of the Fathers'#71
- 'The Herald Ordeal, Part 2 : Combustion'#72
- 'The Herald Ordeal, Part 3: Liberation'#73
- 'The Herald Ordeal, Part 4: Resurrection'#74
- 'The Herald Ordeal, Part 5 : Negotation'#75
- 'The Herald Ordeal 6 of 6: Destruction'#76
- 'Armed & Dangerous'#81
- 'Fire in the Sky'
#1 The Amazing Spider-Man (1963)
#268 The Avengers (1963)
- 'This Gold is Mine!'#269
- 'Burn, Spider, Burn!'#270
- 'The Hero and the Holocaust!'
Annual 14 The Marvel Encyclopedia (2006)
- 'Fifth Column'Annual 18
- 'Atlantis Attacks, Chapter Eight: Avengers Assembled'#258
- 'Pyrrhic Victory!'#259
- 'Duty Over All!'#260
- 'Assault on Sanctuary II'#261
- 'Earth and Beyond!'#301
- 'Super-Nova Unbound!'#302
- 'Earth Rocks!'#303
- '-- Reckoning!'
HC The New Warriors (1990)
- 'The Marvel Encyclopedia'
#40 The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (1983)
- 'The Starlost, Part One: Power Tools'#41
- 'The Starlost, Part Two: Power Plays'#42
- 'The Starlost, Part Three: Power Full'
#4 The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition (1985)
- 'D-G: From Dragon Man to Gypsy Moth'
#4 The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Master Edition (1990)
- 'Doctor Strange to Galactus'
The Very Best of the X-Men (1994)
HC Thor (1966)
- 'The Very Best of the X-Men'
#225 Thor (1998)
- 'The Coming of The Firelord!'#226
- 'The Battle Beyond!'#227
- 'In Search of... Ego!'#228
- 'Ego: Beginning and End!'#232
- 'Lo, the Raging Battle!'#234
- 'O, Bitter Victory!'#246
- 'The Fury of Firelord!'#247
- 'The Flame and the Hammer!'#293
- 'The Twilight of Some Gods!'#306
- 'Fury of the Firelord!'
#23 Uncanny Origins (1996)
- 'Beyond Reason's Edge'#24
- 'Tears For the Fallen'#25
- 'The Final Morning'
#4 Uncanny X-Men (1963)
- 'Firelord: Forged in Fire'
#105 Warlock and the Infinity Watch (1992)
- 'Phoenix Unleashed!'#106
- 'Dark Shroud of the Past!'#107
- 'Where No X-Man Has Gone Before!'#108
- 'Armageddon Now!'
#37 What If? Annihilation (2008)
- 'Domitian over All'
What If...? (1989)
- 'What If the Avengers Lost Operation Galactic Storm? Part Two'
Video Game Appearances:
Silver Surfer (1990)
Galactic Guardians (Marvel)
Guardians of the Galaxy (Marvel)(Earth-691)
Heralds of Galactus (Marvel)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character