Hammerhead (Marvel)(02 - Maggia Boss)
Real Name: Joseph
Search for 'Hammerhead (Marvel)(02 - Maggia Boss)' on Amazon
Great hand to hand combatant and gunman whose greatest fighting tactic is that of charging head first into his victim with his steel alloy skull...Once had use of an exo-skeleton which enhanced his strength
Hammerhead began his career as a junior hit-man, working for the Maggia. Following a brutal defeat in which his head was shattered, Jonas Harrow discovered him in an alley, and operated on him - replacing his broken skull with his metal replacement.
Upon awakening, Hammerhead was infatuated with the 1920's movie poster which was the last thing he saw before awakening, and adopted the role of the mobster "Hammerhead", favoring 20's clothing and weaponry, and the talk and behavior of the criminals of that time. Needless to say, Hammerhead has a screw or two loose in that metal skull of his. He no longer remembers his real name.
Updated 12/2006 Hammerhead has regained his memory and makes a bid to take control of the Kingpin's empire whilst Fisk is in prison. He is thwarted when Iron Man and S.H.I.E.L.D attack a major meeting and take down the entire gang. Hammerhead is presumed dead after being shot in his hospital bed by Underworld.
Sivermane, Hammerhead's boss, called him Joseph in Amazing Spider-Man #618 but it's unknown if that's Hammerhead's real name.
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #113
Hammerhead (Marvel)(02 - Maggia Boss) is a favorite character of 2 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Age of Ultron (2013)
#1 Amazing Spider-Man Digital (2009)
- 'Age of Ultron: Book One'
Amazing Spider-Man: Extra! (2008)
Captain America (1968)
Civil War: Battle Damage Report (2007)
Civil War: Casualties of War (2007)
Civil War: War Crimes (2007)
#1 Daredevil (1964)
- 'Civil War: War Crimes'
#307 Daredevil (1998)
- 'Part 2: Blind Openers'#308
- 'Part 5: Dealing From The Bottom'#309
- 'Part 7: Cards On The Table'
#81 Daredevil By Ed Brubaker Saga (2008)
- 'The Murdock Papers: Part 6'#82
- 'The Devil in Cell-Block D: Part 1'#84
- 'The Devil in Cell-Block D: Part 3'#85
- 'The Devil in Cell-Block D: Part 4'#86
- 'The Devil in Cell Block D: Part 5'
Daredevil vs. Punisher (2005)
#1 Dark Reign: Mister Negative (2009)
- 'Good Deeds, Bad Seeds'#2
- 'The Big Squeeze'#3
- 'Victory, Now!'#4
- 'Over the Line'
#1 Deadline (2002)
- 'The Last Stand of Mr. Negative'#2
- 'Battle for Chinatown'#3
- 'Negative Reinforcement'
#36 Deadpool & the Mercs For Money (2016)
- 'Chapter X, Verse Three'
Fantastic Four (1961)
Free Comic Book Day 2011 (Spider-Man) (2011)
Hämähäkkimies / Spider-Man (1980)
Hammerhead: Death of a Wise Guy (2008)
#1 Hawkeye (2012)
- 'Death of a Wise Guy'
#2 Heroic Age: One Month To Live (2010)
- 'The Vagabond Code'#8
- 'My Bad Penny'#22
#2 Heroic Age: Villains (2011)
- 'Week Two'#5
- 'Week Five'
#1 Infinity: Heist (2013)
- 'Heroic Age Villains'
Iron Man (2005)
Marvel Knights 4 (2004)
#4 Marvel Knights Spider-Man (2004)
- 'Wolf at the Door: Part 4'
#10 Marvel Spotlight: Civil War Aftermath (2007)
- 'The Last Stand, Part 2 of 4'#11
- 'The Last Stand, Part 3 of 4'
Marvel Tales (1964)
#92 New Avengers: Luke Cage (2010)
- 'They Call the Doctor...Octopus!'#93
- 'Gang War, Shmang War! What I Want To Know Is... Who The Heck Is Hammerhead?'#94#135
- 'Hammerhead is Out!'#136
- 'Arm-in-Arm-in-Arm-in-Arm-in-Arm-in-Arm With Doctor Octopus'
#4 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Spider-Man 2005 (2005)
- 'Neon Knight'#5
- 'Suicide Kings'
Peter Parker: Spider-Man (1999)
#50 Power Man and Iron Fist (1978)
- 'And Here, My Troubles Begin...'
Silver Sable and the Wild Pack (1992)
#31 Spider-Man (1990)
- 'Conflict Of Interest,Part 1 : Overload'#32
- 'Inner Turmoil'#33
- 'Decisions Undone'
#70 Spider-Man (2016)
- 'Above It All'#71
- 'The Promise'#73
- 'Last Of The Heroes'#80
- 'Blood Simple'
Spider-Man - Gratis Comic Tag (2012)
Spider-Man zur TV-Serie (1996)
#12 Spider-Man: Brand New Day Yearbook (2009)
- 'Hammerhead schlägt zu!'
Spider-Man: Lifeline (2001)
#1 Spider-Man: Made Men (1998)
- 'Pieces of Fate'#2
- 'Snakes in the Grass'#3
- 'A Taste of Infinity'
Spider-Man: The Parker Years (1995)
Spider-Man's Tangled Web (2001)
Spider-Man/Human Torch (2005)
The Adventures of Spider-Man (1996)
#2 The Amazing Spider-Man (1963)
- 'When the Hammer Strikes!'
The Amazing Spider-Man (2014)
#17.1 The Astonishing Spider-Man (2009)
- 'Spiral Part Two'#18.1
- 'Spiral Part Three'
#43 The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (1983)
- 'The Menace of Mysterio'#44
#6 The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Master Edition (1990)
- 'K-M: From Kang to Man-Bull'
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Update '89 (1989)
The Punisher War Journal (1988)
#47 The Spectacular Spider-Man (1976)
- 'Dead Man's Hand, part 9: Say Goodbye To Vegas'
Annual 03 The Superior Foes of Spider-Man (2013)
- 'Dark Side of the Moon'#153
- 'The Carrion Cure'#165
- 'Knight and Fog'#166
- 'The Deadly Lads From Liverpool'#204
- 'Death by Tombstone Part 1 Takeover!'
#3 Thunderbolts (1997)
- 'A New Sheriff In Town'#12
- 'Hammerhead of the Family'#13
- 'Supposed to Be Art'#15
- 'Down Time'#17
- 'Goodbye, Farewell, and Good Riddance'
Uncanny Avengers [II] (2015)
Web of Spider-Man (1985)
#30 Web of Spider-Man (2009)
- 'The Wages of Sin'#51
- 'The Crimelord of New York!'#53
- 'Wolves in the Night'#55
- 'With Friends Like These!'#68
- 'Tombstone Territory'
#164 X-23 (2005)
- 'The Hunted, Part Three'
- 'Innocence Lost: Part Three'
Sinister Twelve (Marvel)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character