Search for 'Beverly Switzler' on Amazon
Beverly Switzler, who is named after an uncle who goes by "Lee," is an artist's model who found herself dressed in Hyborian Age attire in the castle of Pro-Rata on the Cuyahoga River. there, she met Howard the Duck and began a long friendship with him, which was explicilty consummated in the first issue of the black and white magazine.
While on the cruise ship Damned on which she escaped from a harem to which she had been kidnapped, she was kidnapped again by college acquaintance Lester Verde, now using the alias Doctor Bong, who forced her to marry him. Although she had come to accept this, she was eventually saved by Howard in his Iron Duck armor. They stayed together for a number of months, but eventually, she kicked him out.
Some time later, they got back together, and Beverly was working as a rent-a-ninja.
When next we see her, she and Howard are living in a shack in a junkyard. Beverly accepts a job at Globally Branded Content earning $100,000 a year to test the reactions of gay men to artificially-created boy bands created by Dr. Bong from primoridial soup. When Globally Branded is destroyed, Verde tells the authorities that Osama the Duck did it, but Howard's apparent death throws the authorities off the trail.
According to Howard the Duck #19, Beverly is based on Mary Skrenes.
First Appearance: Howard the Duck (1976) #1
Beverly Switzler is a favorite character of 4 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Back Issue (2003)
#31 Bizarre Adventures (1981)
- 'Steve Gerber Tribute Issue'
Civil War: Choosing Sides (2006)
Generation X (1994)
#23 Glenn Fabry Sketchbook (2013)
- 'For All This... We Give Thanks'#25
Howard the Duck (1976)
Annual 01 Howard the Duck (1979)
- 'Thief Of Bagmom!'#1
- 'Howard the Barbarian'#2
- 'Cry Turnip!'#3
- 'Four Feathers of Death!'#4
- 'The Sleep...Of the Just!'#5
- 'I Want Mo-o-oney!'#6
- 'The Secret House of Forbidden Cookies!'#7
- 'The Way the Cookie Crumbles!'#8
- 'Open Season!'#9
- 'Scandal Plucks Duck'#10
- 'Swan-Song...Of the Living Dead Duck!'#11
- 'A Duck Possessed!'#15
- 'The Island Of Dr. Bong!'#16
- 'Zen And The Art Of Comic Book Writing: A Communique From Colorado'#17
- 'Doctor Bong!'#17 (35 Cent Variant)
- 'Doctor Bong!'#18
- 'Howard The Human!'#20
- 'Scrubba-Dub Death!'#25
- 'Getting Smooth!'#27
- 'Circus Maximus'#28
- 'Cooking with Gas'#30
- 'If This Be Bongsday!'#31
- 'The Final Bong'#32
- 'Going Underground'#33
- 'Material Duck'
Howard the Duck (2002)
#1 Howard the Duck (2007)
- 'Making the Band'#2
- 'Endangered Species'#3
- 'Bad Girls Don't Cry'#4
- 'Boarding House of Mystery'#5
- 'Gone To Ohio'
#1 Howard the Duck (2015)
- 'The Most Dangerous Game Fowl'#2
- 'They Shoot Ducks, Don't They?'#3
- 'Media Culpa'#4
- 'Sliding Into Home'
#5 Howard the Duck (2016)
- 'Super Hero Battle for the Fate of New York and Possibly the World'
#5 Howard The Duck Holiday Special (1997)
- 'Collect Call to Arms'#8
- 'Chip and Joe Present Beverly'
#1 Howard the Duck: The Menace from Outer Space (1986)
- 'Wreck The Malls With Hydra's Folly'
nn Marvel Age (1983)
- 'The Menace from Outer Space'
Marvel Fanfare (1982)
Marvel Treasury Edition (1974)
New Avengers (2010)
Spider-Man Team-Up (1995)
The Amazing Spider-Man: Back in Quack (2010)
#1 The Comics Journal (1977)
- 'Human Slavery for Beginners'
The Marvel Encyclopedia (2006)
HC The Savage Dragon/Destroyer Duck (1996)
- 'The Marvel Encyclopedia'
The Sensational She-Hulk (1989)
#14 X-Men: First Class Finals (2009)
- 'A Baloney Place of Dying'
Howard the Duck (1986)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character