Real Name: Zannah
Search for 'Zealot (WildStorm)' on Amazon
Zealot's real name is Lady Zannah of Khera. Born on the planet of Khera, Zannah and her daughter Kenesha (who at the time believed Zealot was actually her sister) were stranded on Earth thousands of years ago when their Explorer ship crashlanded after a battle with a Daemonite warship. Zealot just survived thanks to her lover, Stratos, who put her in an escape pod. Zannah and the other survivors were scattered, forced to hide themselves amongst the human population. Their enemies had likewise been forced down, and though less humanoid, the Daemonites used their powers of possession and shapeshifting to blend in, too. For the next few millennia, a secret war raged, with the Kherubim defending the vulnerable and oblivious humans from their would-be conquerors.
Zannah took the name Zealot when she formed a sisterhood of warriors, known as The Coda, on earth. She fought with them for many years, even leading the group for a while. However, an incident occurred in Troy (presumably during the Trojan War), causing her to be branded a traitor and expelled from the order. She arranged for the Coda to help the Greeks conquer Troy in exchange for 99 female babies to be raised as new coda. She helped Ulysses conceive of the trojan horse and stationed Coda warriors inside it. During the fighting she decided that the killing of all of the unarmed women and children of Troy was going too far, so she saved the life of the royal family. In doing so it was decided by her fellow Coda that she had betrayed the precepts of the Coda. She was engaged in combat by her closest friend Artemis, whom she beat, but refused to kill. This was considered by Artemis to be a mortal insult. The two violations of Coda precepts made her a lifetime (in their case nearly immortal lifetimes) enemy of the Coda. Subsequent to this event, Zealot spent a century serving the witch known as Tapestry. She did this as payment for Tapestry saving Kenesha's life after having been poisoned. During this period Tapestry tried to brainwash Zealot to her way of thinking, but although Zealot was changed by her time working for the witch, she managed to retain her true self inside. During her stay with Tapestry though, Zealot became a proficient wielder of magics. The magic taught though was dark magic and soul corrupting. Because of this Zealot swore never to use it again, but had to break her promise when she battled Tapestry many years after her original servitude.
First Appearance: WildC.A.T.s: Covert Action Teams (1992) #1
Zealot (WildStorm) is a favorite character of 9 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Alan Moore: Wild Worlds (2007)
TPB Alan Moore's The Complete WildC.A.T.s (2007)
- 'Alan Moore: Wild Worlds'
TPB Avengers (1996)
- 'Alan Moore's The Complete WildC.A.T.s'
#13 Backlash (1994)
- 'World War 3, Part 2: Winning and Losing'
Badrock & Company (1994)
Captain America (1996)
#13 Captain America (1999)
- 'World War 3, Part 4: War Without End...'
#13 Captain Atom: Armageddon (2005)
- 'Dritter Weltkrieg (4/4): Krieg ohne Ende...'
TPB CBS Presents Action Zone (1994)
- 'Captain Atom: Armageddon'#2
- 'Brave New World'#3
- 'Power Struggle'#4
- 'Fight Scene'#5
- 'No Exit'
Colección Extra SuperHéroes (2011)
#17 Coup D'Etat: Afterword (2004)
- 'Capitán América 02: Resplandor rojo '
DC Crossover (1998)
#19 DC/WS DreamWar (2008)
- 'JLA / WildC.A.T.S.'
TPB Deathmate (1993)
- 'DC / WildStorm DreamWar'#3
- 'Bad To The Bone'
Prologue Die Fantastischen Vier (1999)
- 'Deathmate Prologue Chapter 1: A Love to End All Time'Yellow
- 'Jerked Through Time'
#13 Die Rächer (1999)
- 'Dritter Weltkrieg (1/4): Leben im Krieg'
#13 DV8 (1996)
- 'Dritter Weltkrieg (2/4): Sieger und Verlierer'
#31 Fantastic Four (1996)
- 'Things Fall Apart, Part 2: Trust'
#13 Fire From Heaven (1996)
- 'World War 3, Part 1: Life in Wartime'
#1 Flashpoint (2011)
- 'Chapter One: Gamorra Rising'#2
- 'Finale 2: Moonlight and Ashes'
#5 Gamorra Swimsuit Special (1996)
- 'Flashpoint, Part Five of Five'
#5 Gen13 Bootleg (1996)
- 'Family Feud'#11
- 'Swim Out Past the Breakers, Watch the World Die'
#9 Grifter (1995)
- 'Grunge The Movie Part 2'
#1 Homage Studios Swimsuit Special (1993)
- 'Wildstorm Rising, Chapter Five'
Iron Man (1996)
#13 Iron Man (1999)
- 'World War 3, Part 3: No Time to Mourn!'
#13 James Robinson's The Complete WildC.A.T.s (2009)
- 'Dritter Weltkrieg (3/4): Keine Zeit zu trauern!'
TPB JLA/WildC.A.T.s ''Crime Machine'' (1997)
- 'James Robinson's The Complete WildC.A.T.s'
#7 Mars Attacks Image (1996)
- 'Nobody But Me'#8
- 'Loose Ends'#9
- 'What Lies Beneath'#10
- 'Just Like Old Times'#11
- 'Shapers of Destiny'#12#13
- 'Big Day'#14
- 'T Minus'#15
- 'The Enemy of My Enemy'#16
- 'To The Death'#17
- 'The End of the Beginning'
Number of the Beast (2008)
TPB#8 Overstreet's FAN (1995)
- 'Verse Eight: The Late Great Planet Earth'
Shattered Image (1996)
#2 Sleeper: Season Two (2004)
- 'Part 2 of 4'#3
- 'Part 3 of 4'#4
- 'Part 4 of 4'
Spartan: Warrior Spirit (1995)
#1 Star Wars Galaxy Magazine (1994)
- 'Devilday Part 1'#2
- 'Devilday Part 2'#3
- 'Devilday Part 3'#4
- 'Devilday Part 4'
Superheroes: The Heroic Visions of Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell (2000)
The Authority (2008)
#1#18 The Malibu Sun (1991)
- 'Homecoming, Part 1'
The Monarchy (2001)
#11 The Savage Dragon (1993)
- 'Book 11: The Idiot's Guide to the Death of the World, Part 2 of 3: Bellerophon'
Voodoo - Zealot: Skin Trade (1995)
Wild Times: WildC.A.T.s (1999)
WildC.A.T.s Adventures (1994)
#1 WildC.A.T.S Adventures Sourcebook (1995)
- 'Dark Blade Falling'#2
- 'Heart Of Steeel'#3
- 'Cry of the Coda'#4
- 'Evil Within'#5
- 'Big Takedown'#6
- 'Lives in the Balance'#7
- 'Soul of a Giant'#8
- 'Black Razor's Edge'#10
- 'And Then There Were None'
WildC.A.T.s Sourcebook (1993)
WildC.A.T.s Trilogy (1993)
#1#2 WildC.A.T.s: Covert Action Teams (1992)
- 'Hell Hath No Fury...'#3
- 'Witches' Brew'
WildC.A.T.s/X-Men: The Golden Age (1997)
WildC.A.T.s/X-Men: The Modern Age (1997)
WildC.A.T.s/X-Men: The Silver Age (1997)
#1 WildCats (2008)
- 'A Halo 'Round the World'
#1 Wildcats Version 3.0 (2002)
- 'After the End of the World - Pt 1'#1 (Grifter Variant)
- 'After the End of the World - Pt 1'#2
- 'After the End of the World - Pt 2'#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12
- 'Cracked Halo'#13
- 'In Max We Trust'#15
- 'Left Behind'#16
- 'Family Meeting'#17
- 'The Truth Hurts'#19
- 'Red Blade, 1 of 3: Red Dawn'#20#21
- 'Red Blade 3 of 3: Red Reign'#22
- 'The Protectorate Part 1 of 3: Groundwork'#24
- 'The Protectorate'#25
- 'The Protectorate Part 3 of 3: Knock Down, Drag Out'#30
- 'Bad Medicine Part 4 of 4: In Practice'
TPB vol. 02 Wildcats: Armageddon (2008)
- 'Year Two'#19
- 'The Shot Heard...'#21
- 'The Archduke Is Dead'#23
- 'Holiday on Hamburger Hill'#24
- 'Hanging From The Helicopters'
WildCats: Mosaic (2000)
Wildcats: Nemesis (2005)
TPB Wildcore (1997)
- 'The Art of Living Dangerously'#2#3
- 'The Dark Side of the Blade'#4
- 'The Dark Side of the Blade'#5
- 'The Nemesis Affair'#7
- 'Hell is for Heroes'#8
- 'By The Sword!'#9
- 'Love's a Bitch'
Wildstorm Chamber of Horrors (1995)
Wildstorm Presents (2011)
Wildstorm Revelations (2008)
TPB#4 Wildstorm Rising (1995)
- 'Part Four: Generation Gap'#5
- 'Part Five: Truth or Consequences or... Things Fall Apart...'#6
- 'Part Six: Fear the Reaper or... This is THE END, Beautiful Friends...'
Wildstorm Summer Special (2001)
Wildstorm Swimsuit Special (1994)
Wildstorm Thunderbook (2000)
WildStorm Universe (2009)
Wildstorm Universe 97 (1996)
Wildstorm Universe Sourcebook (1995)
Wildstorm Winter Special (2005)
Wildstorm: After the Fall (2010)
TPB Wizard Ace Edition (1995)
- 'WildStorm: After the Fall'
X-Men/WildC.A.T.s: The Dark Age (1998)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character