Real Name: Julian Gregory Day
Search for 'Calendar Man' on Amazon
Calendar Man is fascinated by dates and calendars and usually always revolves his crimes around what day of the week it is or in the case of the day having a special anniversary he will plan his crime around that day.Aside from his unsuual M.O., however, it's unclear he has any real "powers" to speak of.
Calendar Man was created by original Batman writer, Bill Finger. His visual form is somewhat inconsistent, however, as he wears different costumes which correspond to the crime of the day that he is commiting. Though somewhat infrequently used, he does have a main costume which has various numbers (meant to represent days sprouting from the shoulders).
He has traditionally not been taken as a serious threat by either the characters in the DCU or DC's audience.
He is probably best known for his appearance in The Long Halloween, where he was a Hannibal Lecter like figure, offering insight in Batman's search for serial killer who used the holidays as his M.O. Like Lecter in Silence of the Lambs, Calendar Man knew who the killer was and kept this information to himself.
In recent years comic book writers have tried to make Calendar Man much more of a greater threat to Batman as told in the third issue of the 80 Page giant Batman Special Editions (July 2000) titled All the Deadly Days.
First Appearance: Detective Comics (1937) #259
Calendar Man is a favorite character of 4 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
#312 Batman 80-Page Giant (1998)
- 'A Caper A Day Keeps The Batman At Bay!'#384
- 'Broken Dates'#385
- 'Day Of Doom'#400
- 'Resurrection Night!'
#3 Batman 80-Page Giant 2010 (2011)
- 'All the Deadly Days'
Batman and Robin (2009)
HC vol. 04 Batman-Sonderheft (1976)
- 'Dark Knight vs. White Knight'TPB vol. 04
- 'Dark Knight vs. White Knight'#22
- 'Tree of Blood: Dark Knight vs. White Knight, Conclusion'
#42 Batman: Arkham City (2011)
- 'Das neunte Bein der Spinne!'
TPB Batman: Battle for the Cowl (2009)
- 'Batman: Arkham City'
HC Batman: Dark Victory (1999)
- 'Batman: Battle for the Cowl'TPB
- 'Batman: Battle for the Cowl'#1
- 'A Hostile Takeover'
Batman: Dark Victory (2001)
Batman: Knightfall (1993)
Batman: Shadow of the Bat (1992)
TPB vol. 01 Batman: The Long Halloween (1996)
- 'Batman: Shadow of the Bat Volume 1'#7
- 'The Misfits, Part 1'#8
- 'The Misfits, Part 2'#9
- 'The Misfits, Part 3'
Batman: The Widening Gyre (2009)
HC vol. 01 Crisis on Infinite Earths (1985)
- 'Batman: The Widening Gyre'TPB vol. 01
- 'Batman: The Widening Gyre'#6
- 'The Blood-Dimmed Tide is Loosed'
#10 Detective Comics (1937)
- 'Death at the Dawn of Time'
#259 Harley Quinn (2000)
- 'The Calendar Man!'#551
- 'The First Day of Spring'#607
- 'The Mud Pack, Part Four: The China Clay Syndrome'#775
- 'Atonement, Part Three'
#38 JLA : Another Nail (2004)
- 'Cuckoo for Incarceration'
Justice League America (1989)
#43 Legends of the Dark Knight [I] (2012)
- 'If You Play Your Cards Right...'
#30 Legends of the Dark Knight [II] (2012)
- 'What Happened Was... Part 1 of 3'#31
- 'What Happened Was... Part 2 of 3'#32
- 'What Happened Was... Part 3 of 3'
Legends of the Dark Knight: Norm Breyfogle (2015)
Showcase '94 (1994)
#10 Tales of the Batman - Tim Sale (2007)
- 'Zero Hour - Black Condor - Azrael'
HC Tales of the Batman: Len Wein (2014)
- 'Tales of the Batman - Tim Sale'TPB
- 'Tales of the Batman - Tim Sale'
HC Team Titans (1992)
- 'Tales of the Batman: Len Wein'
#13 The Batman Family (1975)
- 'Times Are Far Between (And Few At That)'#14
- 'When Titans Clash -- A Lot'#15
- 'The Hardest Copy or Truth and Consequences'
Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe (1985)
- 'Cadre to Chris KL-99'
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character