Devil-Slayer (01 - Eric Simon Payne)
Real Name: Eric Simon Payne
Search for 'Devil-Slayer (01 - Eric Simon Payne)' on Amazon
The source of Devil-Slayer's telepathy is unknown. He possessed the power to cast a telepathic screen over himself, altering his appearance to the people who look at him. He could telepathically jam gunlocks, levitate himself, and decipher languages. Devil-Slayer wore a Shadow-Cloak, with which he could teleport to other dimensions, and through which he could draw weapons from any age in history. He wielded many different weapons, including a staff that acted as a protector against harm, a blade that hungered for demon blood, a mace that wielded negative energy, Dragonfang (Valkyrie's sword) and a futuristic gun. Payne briefly possessed a shard of the Nexus of All Realities, with which he could give his personal demons form and alter reality.
A war veteran who enjoyed killing a little too much, Payne became a hit man after he left the service. After killing a woman and her child, Payne decided he wasn't cut out for the mob. Joining the Demon Cult, he went along with their plan to repopulate the Earth with demons until he realized that meant destroying all humans. Payne began to travel the Earth, expunging demons where-ever he found them.
Devil-Slayer has been in character limbo for a very long time until being recently mentioned in The Last Defenders #1. He wasn't seen but considered as a member of the Initiative's Defenders team. Eric Payne eventually returned in the pages of Avengers: The Initiative where he was a member of the Initiative's Point Men team in Hawaii.
First Appearance: Marvel Spotlight (1971) #33
Devil-Slayer (01 - Eric Simon Payne) is a favorite character of 3 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2006)
#3 Avengers (2010)
- 'Copperhead to Ethan Edwards'
Avengers: The Initiative (2007)
#14 Civil War: Battle Damage Report (2007)
- 'We Have Met The Enemy, And They Are Us!'#17
- 'Home Field Advantage'#18
- 'Don't Shoot 'Til You See The Green Of Their Eyes!'
Die Spinne (1980)
#123 Fantastic Four Roast (1982)
- 'Wenn man es mal eilig hat...'
#1 Fear Itself: The Deep (2011)
- 'When Titans Chuckle!'
Ghost Rider (1973)
#71 Hämähäkkimies / Spider-Man -spesiaali (1983)
- 'The Tears of Adam Henderson'
#3 Marvel Comics Presents (1988)
- 'Christmas in Bedlam!'#4
- 'Silent Night'#5
- 'An Empty House'
#37 Marvel Graphic Novel (1982)
- 'Dragon in Distress/Dawn Reunion/To Slay the Devil'#46
- 'Assault/Adrift/A Gift of Death/The Eye That Sees'#47
- 'Shadows in the Light/Words of Peace...Deeds of War/Old Glories!/A Father's Love'#48
- 'Fist Fight/Death Consequences/Object/When It Rains…'#49
- 'Child's Play/The End of... Devil-Slayer/White Messiah/The Unbeatable Foe'#143
- 'Treachery/Little Monsters/Digital Terror/Out of Time, in the Time Out Hotel'#146
- 'Salome's Dream/Ashes/Mask/Temptation'
#1 Marvel Spotlight (1971)
- 'The Death of Captain Marvel'
#33 Marvel Super Hero Contest of Champions (1982)
- '(Don't Fear) The Reaper!'
#1 Marvel Team-Up (1972)
- 'A Gathering of Heroes! Chapter 1'#3
- 'Chapter 4: Third Contest: Siege in the City of the Dead!'
#111 New Avengers (2005)
- 'Of Spiders and Serpents!'
New Avengers (2010)
Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2008)
HC vol. 03 Over the Edge (1995)
- 'Captain (Nextwave) to Elements of Doom'
#2 Silver Surfer (1987)
- 'The Seventh Dagger'
Strange Tales (1998)
The Defenders (1972)
#58 The Mighty Avengers (2007)
- 'Part 1: Agents of Fortune'#59
- 'Part 2: Tyranny and Mutation'#60
- 'Part 3: The Revenge of Vera Gemini!'#97
- 'Slouching Toward Bethlehem'#98
- 'The Hand Closes!'#99
- 'The Final Conflict?'#100
- 'Hell on Earth!'#101
- 'The Haunting of Christiansboro!'#104
- 'Yesterday Never Dies!'#110
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (1983)
Cult of the Harvester of Eyes
Point Men (Marvel)
Skrull Kill Krew
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character