Real Name: Nick
Search for 'The Tick' on Amazon
Nigh-Invulnerability, super strength. Other powers seem to occasionally manifest themselves at will, or when needed.
Shiny things, relatively low intelligence. Disoriented when antenae are missing.
A square-jawed, muscular, bright blue-costumed figure with antennae sticking up from his head, The Tick is a surreal parody of superheroes. He is high-spirited, frequently obtuse, and prone to quipping odd, dim remarks and "inspirational" speeches filled with bizarre metaphors. His superpowers are nigh-invulnerability, which allows him to crash and bang about without injury (though not necessarily without pain); super strength (he can bend a steel girder with ease); and something referred to as "drama power," or basically a tendency for the Tick's powers to increase as the situation becomes more dramatic.
He can also survive out in space without a suit and underwater without oxygen. Despite his nigh-invulnerability, in the animated series, the Tick is portrayed as being vulnerable to blows to the head, which often cause temporary brain damage. He is known for his nonsensical battle cry, "Spoooooon!," which he decided upon one day while eating breakfast (specifically, the cereal Drama Flakes).
First Appearance: The Tick (1988) #1
The Tick is a favorite character of 31 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Dream Team (1995)
Fox Kids Funhouse: The Tick (1997)
1 Introducing The Tick (2002)
- 'A World Of Pain(t)'2
- 'Raw, Uncooked Justice!'
#1 Madman 20th Anniversary Monster! (2011)
- 'Introducing The Tick'
OGN HC Man-Eating Cow (1992)
- 'Madman 20th Anniversary Monster!'
#9 Paul the Samurai (1992)
- 'Rising Sagin'#10
- 'Lo, a Cow Shall Lead Them!'
#9 Paul the Samurai: The Complete Works (2009)
- 'A Heroic Fist-o-Thon'#10
- 'Four Men & A Cow Against the World!'
TPB Shi/Cyblade: The Battle for Independents (1995)
- 'Paul the Samurai: The Complete Works'
Tales Too Terrible To Tell (1989)
The Chroma-Tick (1992)
The Tick (1988)
The Tick and Arthur (1999)
Bonanza Edition TPB vol. 01#1 The Tick Big Summer Annual (1999)
- 'All the King's Horses...'#2
- 'Come Together'#3
- 'Heroes and Villains and Ninjas, Oh My!'#4
- 'The Battle of the Midway!'#5
- 'Glory Hogs'#6
- 'Chainsaws Roaring By An Open Fire'
#1 The Tick Black And Red Promo Comic (1990)
- 'The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Enemy!'
#1 The Tick CD-ROM Comic (1996)
- 'The Tick Black And Red Promo Comic'
#1 The Tick Color (2001)
- 'The Tick vs The Uncommon Cold'
#1 The Tick Color Series (2010)
- 'There's Always Room For World Domination!'#1 (Color Ray)
- 'There's Always Room For World Domination!'#1 (Limited Edition)
- 'There's Always Room For World Domination!'#2#3
- 'Rocket-Men from The Moon Chapter II'#4
- 'Rocket-Men from The Moon Chapter III'#5#6
The Tick Incredible Internet Comic (2001)
The Tick New Series (2009)
#1 The Tick Omnibus (1990)
- 'Yule Be Sorry!'#2
- 'Heart of Glass'#3
- 'Toilet Humor'#4
- 'The Gilliad'#5
- 'Tick Times Two'#6
- 'Tick Times Two, Part 2'#7
- 'Star of Blunder, Star of Might!'#8
- 'Aiding and A-Petting'
The Tick: Big Blue Destiny (1997)
The Tick: Days of Drama (2005)
#1 The Tick: Free Comic Book Day 2011 (2011)
- 'Welcome to Rosebud. Population 1'#1 (Special Edition)
- 'Welcome to Rosebud. Population 1'#2
- 'Whom Shall Save Them?'#6
- 'The Tick is Coming'
The Tick: Free Comic Book Day 2013 (2013)
The Tick: Free Comic Book Day 2014 (2014)
The Tick: Heroes of the City (1999)
The Tick: Karma Tornado (1993)
The Tick: The Edlund Epic! (2010)
#1#2 The Tick: The Luny Bin Trilogy (1998)
- 'High Rise Hijinx'#3
- 'Night of A Million-Zillion Ninja'#4
- 'A Big Fight'#5
- 'Early Morning of a Million Zillion Ninjas'#6
- 'Villains Inc'
#0 The Tick's 20th Anniversary Special Edition (2007)
- 'Preview Issue'#0 (Mars Cover)
- 'Preview Issue'#0 (Secret Cover)
- 'Preview Issue'#1
- 'Back to the Luny Bin or... This is Then, That Was Now!'#2
- 'To The Rescue! (or "Friday Ad Nauseum")'#3
- 'Six Eyes in Tears! (or "Malice Doesn't Live Here Anymore")'
The Tick's Back (1997)
The Tick's Big Back to School Special (1998)
The Tick's Big Cruise Ship Vacation Special (2000)
The Tick's Big Father's Day Special (2000)
The Tick's Big Halloween Special (1999)
#1 The Tick's Big Halloween Special 2000 (2000)
- 'Haunted Halloween Hootenanny'
#1 The Tick's Big Halloween Special 2001 (2001)
- 'The Orange Teeth of Horror'
The Tick's Big Mother's Day Special (2000)
#1 The Tick's Big Romantic Adventure (1998)
- 'And Then There Were Three... Er... Two...'
#1 The Tick's Big Summer Fun Special (1998)
- 'The Tick's Big Romantic Adventure: Bad Chemistry'
The Tick's Big Tax Time Terror (2000)
#1 The Tick's Big Xmas Trilogy (2002)
- 'Big Time Tax Terror'
#1 The Tick's Big Year 2000 Spectacle (2000)
- 'The Bestest Story Ever Told, Act 1: Hey Kids! Let's Put On A Show!'#2
- 'The Bestest Story Ever Told, Act 2: A Change Of Scenery!'#3
- 'The Bestest Story Ever Told, Act 3: Five Minutes, Mr. Tick!'
#1 The Tick's Big Yule Log Special 1997 (1997)
- 'The Crime of the Century (already)'
The Tick's Big Yule Log Special 1999 (1998)
#1 The Tick's Big Yule Log Special 2000 (1999)
- 'Rest Ye Merry, Gentile Tick.'
#1 The Tick's Big Yule Log Special 2001 (2000)
- 'It Came From Outer Space To Ruin Yet Another Christmas!'#1 (Package Cover)
- 'It Came From Outer Space To Ruin Yet Another Christmas!'#1 (Tree Cover)
- 'It Came From Outer Space To Ruin Yet Another Christmas!'
#1 The Tick's Comic Con Extravaganza (2007)
- 'Just Shut Up And Have A Merry Christmas!'
The Tick's Free Comic Book Day Special Edition (2010)
The Tick's Giant Christmas Cavalcade (2010)
The Tick's Giant Circus of the Mighty (1992)
#1 The Tick's Massive Summer Double Spectacle (2000)
- 'Ring 1'#2
- 'Ring 2'#3
- 'Under the Big Top (Ring 3)'
Tick Specials: The Complete Works (2009)
#1 War Of The Independents (2011)
- 'Tick Specials: The Complete Works'
- 'A Gathering Storm'#3
- 'If I Had a Hammer'
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
"Gravity is a harsh mistress."
"I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context."
"Why am I here? Why does my mind have wings? Why do blue midgets hit me with fish?!
"Don't make us bite you in hard-to-reach places!
" I hate broccoli, and yet, in a certain sense, I am broccoli.
"Sanity, you're a madman! "
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character