Search for 'Soundwave (Transformers)(IDW)' on Amazon
Soundwave's first chronological appearance in the rebooted IDW Publishing Generation One universe was in the prequel miniseries, The Transformers: Megatron Origin. In the story, Soundwave works for Senator Ratbat, who takes an interest in the rising gladiator, Megatron. Ratbat sends Soundwave to offer weaponry to Megatron and his followers. Soundwave also assists Megatron with the interrogation of Autobot soldier, Bumper. Soundwave is later jailed along with Megatron and other when Sentinel Prime's forces capture them, but is released by Ratbat. When Megatron's plan is sprung, Soundwave helps Starscream massacre the Autobot Senate. He later confronts Ratbat and forcibly extracts his Spark for implantaion in one of his Cassette bodies. Soundwave's alternate mode appears to be a communication vehicle with tank treads.
Sometime later, Soundwave was part of the conference of scientists called by Thunderwing in the The Transformers: Stormbringer, where he refuses to accept Thunderwing's findings that Cybertron was dying.
Soundwave later received his own Spotlight one-shot, where he was a self-serving and duplicitous Decepticon internal affairs agent. Soundwave was dispatched by Megatron to keep an eye on Bludgeon's investigation of Shockwave's lab. However, he kept quiet about Bludgeon's obsession with the Regenesis project, thinking he could turn it to his advantage. Following him to Earth in 1984, Soundwave monitored Bludgeon's attempts to harvest Ultra Energon and confronted him after he'd acquired it. Horrified to discover they were not planning to use it in a power-play but instead to reanimate Thunderwing (who previously devastated Cybertron), Soundwave attempted to stop them but was trapped in stasis-lock in cassette player mode. It was revealed in the epilogue that two young humans considered buying him at a pawn shop in 2007.
In The Transformers: Escalation #1, Optimus stated there was evidence that Soundwave had been present in Earth's history. (writer Simon Furman has said that Soundwave is due to appear later on in this miniseries, although a more recent interview has indicated that he will not appear in a major capacity until after The Transformers: Devastation.)
First Appearance: The Transformers: Stormbringer (2006) #1
Soundwave (Transformers)(IDW) is a favorite character of 1 user
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Optimus Prime (2016)
#1 Revolution: Prelude (2016)
- 'Chapter One: Concord Hymn'#2
- 'Chapter Two: The Divine Source of Liberty'#3
- 'Chapter Three: O Ship of State'#4
- 'Chapter Four: The New Colossus'#5
- 'Chapter 5: Valley Forge'
#0 ROM (2016)
- 'Secret Raiders: A Revolution Prelude'
The Transformers (2009)
#1 The Transformers (2014)
- '...For All Mankind'#7#13
- 'Heart Like a Wheel'#14
- 'Revenge Of The Decepticons Part 1: The Demolished Man'#15
- 'Revenge Of The Decepticons Part 2: Altered Carbon'#16
- 'Revenge Of The Decepticons Part 3: Woken Furies'#17
- 'Revenge Of The Decepticons Part 4: Burning Chrome'#18
- 'Revenge Of Decepticons Part 5: The Demolished Man'#28
- 'Chaos, Part 3: Kings'#31
- 'Pax Cybertronia'
#36 The Transformers Continuum (2009)
- 'Onyx Interface Part Two: Vs.'#43
- 'South of Heaven'#47
- 'Conquerors Part 2: Lagrange'#48
- 'Conquerors Part 3: Helden'#49
- 'Conquerors Part 4: Perihelion'#50
- 'All Hail Optimus part 1 Once upon a time on Earth'
#1 The Transformers Spotlight: Bumblebee (2013)
- 'Transformers Continuum'
The Transformers Spotlight: Megatron (2013)
The Transformers Spotlight: Mirage (2008)
The Transformers vs. G.I. Joe (2014)
The Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Free Comic Book Day (2014)
The Transformers: All Hail Megatron (2008)
The Transformers: Combiner Wars (2014)
#2 The Transformers: Dark Cybertron (2013)
- 'The End of the Beginning of the World (Quickslinger)'#7
- 'Plan for Everything (Air Raid)'#8 (B)
- 'Heavy Is the Head (Break-Neck)'#12
- 'Onyx Interface Part Two: Vs. (Protectobot First Aid)'
The Transformers: Death of Optimus Prime (2011)
#1 The Transformers: Devastation (2007)
- 'Transformers The Death Of Optimus Prime'
The Transformers: Drift (2010)
The Transformers: Ironhide (2010)
#1 The Transformers: Maximum Dinobots (2008)
- 'Chapter One: The Iron Age'
The Transformers: Megatron Origin (2007)
The Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye (2012)
The Transformers: Primacy (2014)
The Transformers: Robots in Disguise Hundred Penny Press (2013)
The Transformers: Spotlight (2006)
The Transformers: Spotlight Blaster (2008)
The Transformers: Spotlight Ramjet (2007)
The Transformers: Spotlight Soundwave (2007)
The Transformers: Stormbringer (2006)
#1 Transformers Autocracy (2012)
- 'La Morte Di Optimus Prime'
#2 Transformers Focus On Decepticons (2008)
- 'The hunt for Soundwave'#8
- 'End game'
Transformers Micro-comic fun packs (2014)
Transformers: Monstrosity [I] (2013)
#2 Transformers: Monstrosity [II] (2013)
- 'The Illusion of Control'#12
- 'Belly of the Beast'
Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2012)
Transformers: The IDW Collection (2010)
Transformers: Unicron (2018)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character