Peter 'Pete' Ross (DC)(Earth-1 - Pre Crisis)
Search for 'Peter 'Pete' Ross (DC)(Earth-1 - Pre Crisis)' on Amazon
A geologist and surveyor (Action Comics #309). Pete became rich by prospecting for oil and he owns his own company Pete Ross Associates, Geological Surveyors (Superman #270).
Pete Ross was born in Smallville but grew up elsewhere. The Ross' returned to Smallville when Pete was in his teens. When Clark Kent was bullied out of his place in line out front of the movie theater, Pete Ross, a boy new to Smallville, stood up for him and chased off the two bullies. The two became fast friends, though Clark was worried for a time that Pete was trying to prove he was Superboy.
Some days later, the best friends went on an overnight hike, and during the night, Clark was forced to make the switch to Superboy. As a terrific flash of lightning illuminated the tent, Pete caught sight of Clark switching to Superboy. Pete vowed never to betray his secret nor even tell Clark, lest it disturb or hamper him in any way. The next day, Pete used his detective skills to ensure that he hadn't imagined what he saw, and discovered Superboy's secret tunnel, along with his Superboy and Clark Kent robots. Making his own Superboy costume, Pete decided to carry it along with him in his school bag in case an occasion arose where he can do some good by impersonating the Boy of Steel. His opportunity came soon enough when one of Superboy's robots malfunctioned and Pete had to trick some criminals into surrendering.
For being such a loyal friend to Superboy and protecting his secret identity so faithfully, Marla, Senior Adviser to the Legion, gave Pete a special coin that would serve as his pass to the Super-Heroes Clubhouse whenever the Legion met.
Pete Ross was brought by Superboy, on Marla's recommendation, to the future and was officially sworn in as an honorary member during the first meeting of the 3rd term, and he also took part in the leadership election puzzle created by Proty II.
This version of Pete Ross grew up to be a geologist, a job which would take him all around the world. While he and Lana Lang were friends, they did not appear to develop a romantic relationship, as was the case with their post-Crisis counterparts.
Pete Ross is a graduate of Raleigh College. While at Raleigh College he met Lois Lane.
Pete Ross helps others with his wealth.
First Appearance: Superboy (1949) #86
Peter 'Pete' Ross (DC)(Earth-1 - Pre Crisis) is a favorite character of 1 user
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Action Comics (1938)
#309 Adventure Comics (1938)
- 'The Superman Super-Spectacular'#388
- 'Puzzle Of The Wild World!'#457
- 'Superman, You're Not Clark Kent -- And I Can Prove It!'#460
- 'Superman, You'll Be The Death Of Me Yet!'#469
- 'The Night Superman Was Buried In Boot Hill!'#572#572 (Newsstand Edition)
DC 100-Page Super Spectacular (1971)
DC Comics Presents (1978)
#13 DC Universe by Alan Moore (2012)
- 'To Live In Peace--Nevermore!'#14
- 'Judge, Jury...And No Justice!'#25
- 'Judgment Night'
DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore (2006)
TPB JLA: The Nail (1998)
- 'DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore'
La Legion des Super-Heros et les Nouveaux Jeunes Titans (1984)
#17 Legion of Super-Heroes (1980)
- 'Titans: Les cendres aux cendres!'
#300 Legion of Super-Heroes: 1,050 Years in the Future (2008)
- 'The Future is Forever!'
TPB Secrets of the Legion of Super-Heroes (1981)
- 'Legion of Super-Heroes: 1,050 Years in the Future'
Superboy Spectacular (1980)
#175 Superman (1982)
- 'Clark Kent's Brother!'#270
- 'The Viking From Valhalla!'#284
- 'The Secret Guardian Of Smallville'#374
- 'Love Is Deadlier... The Second Time Around! & Pete Ross' Crowning Achievement!'#374 (Newsstand Edition)
- 'Love Is Deadlier... The Second Time Around! & Pete Ross' Crowning Achievement!'#404
- 'Born To Be Superman!'#423
- 'Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?, Part One'
#3 Superman: The Secret Years (1985)
- '«L`amour est plus dangereux...la seconde fois!»'
Superman: World Of Krypton (2008)
TPB The New Adventures of Superboy (1980)
- 'Superman: World Of Krypton'
The Superman Family (1974)
World's Finest Comics (1941)
- 'The Secret Origins Of The Superman And Batman Team!'
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character