Mary Marvel (DC)(Earth-S - Fawcett)
Real Name: Mary Bromfield
Search for 'Mary Marvel (DC)(Earth-S - Fawcett)' on Amazon
Mary's powers, though activated by saying the name "SHAZAM!", derived from different gods than Captain Marvel's. Her patrons were:
Selena for grace Adventure Comics (1938)
Hippolyta for strength
Ariadne for skill
Zephyrus for speed
Aurora for beauty
Minerva for wisdom
Electricity: A powerful enough electrical discharge can transform Mary Marvel back into Mary Batson. This has worked both to her advantage and detriment oftentimes.
First Appearance: Captain Marvel Adventures (1941) #18
Mary Marvel (DC)(Earth-S - Fawcett) is a favorite character of 6 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
A DC Universe Christmas (2000)
Adventures of Superman: Gil Kane (2012)
HC All-New Collectors' Edition (1978)
- 'Adventures of Superman: Gil Kane'
C-58 All-Star Squadron (1981)
- 'SUPERMAN vs. SHAZAM!'
#36 Captain Marvel Adventures (1941)
- 'Thunder Over London!'#37
- 'Lightning In Berlin!'#38
- 'Detroit is Dynamite!'
Cartoons for Victory (2015)
HC Comix: A History of Comic Books in America (1971)
- 'Cartoons for Victory'
HC Convergence Shazam (2015)
- 'Comix: A History of Comic Books in America'
Convergence: Infinite Earths (2015)
Crisis on Infinite Earths (1985)
#6 Crisis on Multiple Earths (2002)
- '3 Earths! 3 Deaths!'#7
- 'Beyond The Silent Night'#10
- 'Death at the Dawn of Time'#12
- 'Final Crisis'
DC Challenge (1985)
#12 DC Comics Presents (1978)
- 'Fathers Against Suns'
Annual 03 DC Universe Holiday Bash (1997)
- 'With One Magic Word'#33
- 'Man And Supermarvel!'#34
- 'The Beast-Man That Shouted "Hate" At The Heart Of The U.N.!'
#7 Justice League of America (1960)
- 'Justice, Chapter Seven'#8
- 'Justice, Chapter Eight'#9
- 'Justice Chapter Nine'#10
- 'Justice Chapter Ten'#11
- 'Justice, Chapter Eleven'#12
- 'Justice, Chapter Twelve'
#137 Last Days of the Justice Society Special (1986)
- 'Crisis in Tomorrow!'
Special Limited Collectors' Edition (1973)
- 'The Last Days Of The Justice Society'
C-34 Marvel Family (1945)
- 'Christmas With The Super-Heroes'
Mary Marvel (1945)
#1#3#4#10#11#19#20 Shazam!: The New Beginning (1987)
- 'The Strange and Terrible Disappearance of Maxwell Zodiac'#26
- 'The Case Of The Kidnapped Congress'#35
- 'The SHAZAM Family -- At War With The Beast King!'
The DC Comics Encyclopedia (2004)
HC Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe (1985)
- 'The DC Comics Encyclopedia: Updated And Expanded'HC
- 'The DC Comics Encyclopedia'
#14 World's Finest Comics (1941)
- 'Luthor I to Masters of Disaster'
Wow Comics (1940)
Marvel Family (DC)(Earth-S - Fawcett)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character