Bernard Edward Mireault was born on 1961, in Marville, France. Both parents were stationed there working for the Canadian Armed Forces. In 1963, the Mireault family moved back to Canada and from there moved back and forth between Quebec and Ontario every three years until finally settling in Rawdon, Quebec.
Bernie attended English high school in Joliette, Quebec from 1974 to 1978 and then attended Dawson College in Montreal, Quebec. He was enroled in the Creative Arts program at Dawson. And though he stopped going after only a year and a half of study for financial reasons, it was the first time he had received formal art training and it served to focus his ambitions.
He became absorbed in the craft of comic art storytelling and began working on his first Graphic novel, Mackenzie Queen, in 1982. From there he developed The Jam and has grown from an emulator of action comics to a significant contributor to the emerging literary and arts comics genre.
Date of Birth:
Website: http://www3.sympatico.ca/bem69/E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Favorite Creators:
Bernie Mireault - 'BEM' is a favorite creator of 1 userAwards:
- 1993 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - Nominee - Best Colorist: (for Grendel: War Child [Dark Horse]; and The Jam: Urban Adventure [Tundra])
Aesop's Desecrated Morals (1993)
#1 April Horrors (1992)
- 'Classics Desecrated Special Vol. 2 #1'
#1 The Art of Matt Wagner's Grendel (2007)
- 'Classics Desecrated Special #1'
HC The Atomics (2000)
Awesome: The Indie Spinner Rack Anthology (2007)
The Blair Witch Chronicles (2000)
The Blair Witch Project (1999)
Book of the Tarot (1991)
Caliber Comics 1996 Calendar (1995)
Caliber Spotlight (1995)
- 'The Art of Matt Wagner's Grendel'
#1 Canadian Comics Cavalcade (1986)
Cheval Noir (1989)
Classics Desecrated (1995)
- 'Stories from AKA Goldfish, Kabuki, Kilroy is Here, Oz'
TPB Comico Christmas Special (1988)
Creatures of the Id (1990)
Dark Horse Maverick: Happy Endings (2002)
Dark Horse Presents (1986)
Dr. Robot Special (2000)
Drawn & Quarterly (1990)
The Everyman (1991)
The Fish Police (1985)
Glass Eye (2005)
- 'Classics Desecrated'
HC vol. 02 Grendel Omnibus (2012)
Grendel: Black, White & Red (1998)
Grendel: God and the Devil (2003)
- 'The Devil Inside'TPB vol. 02
- 'The Devil Inside'#13
- 'Bedevilled: First Part'#14
- 'Be The Devil: Second Part'#15
- 'Beat The Devil: Third Part'#27
- 'Devils, Devils Everywhere'#28
- 'Chapter 28: Devil's Driven'#30
- 'Chapter 30: Devil Unveiled'#31
- 'Chapter 31: Devil's Holiday'
TPB Grendel: The Devil Inside (2001)
- 'God And The Devil'#4
- 'Chapter Four: Devils, Devils Everywhere'#5
- 'Devils Driven'#6
- 'Chapter 6: Devil's Delusions'#7
- 'Devil Unveiled'#8
- 'Devil's Holiday'
TPB The History Of Grendel (1993)
The Jam Special (1987)
The Jam (1989)
The Jam: Urban Adventure (1992)
Mackenzie Queen (1985)
Madman 20th Anniversary Monster! (2011)
- 'Grendel: The Devil Inside'#1
- 'Bedivilled, First Part'#2
- 'Be The Devil, Second Part'#3
- 'Beat the Devil, Third Part'
OGN HC Madman Adventures (1992)
- 'Madman 20th Anniversary Monster!'
TPB Madman Boogaloo! Starring Nexus And The Jam (1999)
- 'Madman Adventures'
TPB Madman Comics (1994)
- 'Madman Boogaloo! Starring Nexus & The Jam'
#12#13#14 Madman Picture Exhibition (2002)
Madman: Two Trilogies - The Tundra Age (1995)
Madman/The Jam (1998)
- 'The Exit of Dr. Boiffard, Part Three: En Route to Ever'#15
- 'The Exit of Dr. Boiffard, Part Four: The Wondrous Island of Stewie Stompero'#16
- 'Frank Einstein's Holi-Daze Adventure'
#1 Medal of Honor (1994)
The Mindgame Gallery (1990)
Mr. Monster Presents: (crack-a-boom) (1997)
Negative Burn (1993)
- 'House of Escher'#2
- 'House of Escher II'
TPB New Triumph (Featuring Northguard) (1984)
Two-Fisted Science: Safecracker (1997)
Urban Legends (1993)
- 'The Best from 1993-1998'#29
- 'The Replacement God'