Trying to find a horror comic I read in the early 1970s

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

BeetleBoy

Trying to find a horror comic I read in the early 1970s

Postby BeetleBoy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:34 pm

I've returned to my childhood pastime of collecting and reading comics, and I keep thinking about a particular issue of an anthology series (I don't recall the name or publisher) that I enjoyed as a kid. It was about a man who makes a deal with the devil (or some reasonable facsimile) for immortality. He gets himself in great shape, dumps his wife and prepares to enjoy life as a handsome playboy who will live forwever. The twist is that he is badly burned in a fire and ends up in some type of circus sideshow as a freak because he's the man who couldn't die. On the cover, he's a shapeless blob, moaning in agony, while the guy running the show is trying to get people to pay to see the immortal man. I think the main character's name was Hannibal, possibly Hannibal Hamlin. Does anyone recall this story and could tell me what publisher and series it came from? I'd love to see if I could find it to read again and possibly find others in the series. Thanks.

Belisarius

Re: Trying to find a horror comic I read in the early 1970s

Postby Belisarius » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:43 pm

This story was in House of Secrets issue number 109 (April/1973). lt's title is "...And in Death, There is No Escape." Hannibal Hangle is the character's name.
Last edited by Belisarius on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Belisarius

Postby Belisarius » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:46 pm

BeetleBoy

Postby BeetleBoy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:20 am

Belisarius, a very belated thank you for posting the comic I was seeking. I came back to this board today for the first time in a long while, and I was thrilled to see your message. I really appreciate it.

AiroNeo

Postby AiroNeo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:24 am

BeetleBoy wrote:Belisarius, a very belated thank you for posting the comic I was seeking. I came back to this board today for the first time in a long while, and I was thrilled to see your Crazy Bulk results message. I really appreciate it.

I remember this. Brings back some memories. I may even have a copy in the attic. I wonder if it would be worth anything.

ChowderBowl

Postby ChowderBowl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:25 am

AiroNeo wrote:
BeetleBoy wrote:Belisarius, a very belated thank you for posting the comic I was seeking. I came back to this board today for the first time in a long while, check out legal steroids review by andrew and I was thrilled to see your message. I really appreciate it.

I remember this. Brings back some memories. I may even have a copy in the attic. I wonder if it would be worth anything.

I was moving out of my dad's place and just found my copy :D

Return to “General Discussion”