What have you updated lately?

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Fnord Serious
ComicBookDB.com Admin

Postby Fnord Serious » Sat May 31, 2008 5:30 am

Uthor wrote:
Soda wrote:
acomica wrote:1985

Millar's new miniseries that came out this week was entered with the wrong title. I've changed it to reflect the title inside. It's now 'Marvel 1985'.

I'm quite curious if this title will be changed forward and backwards like this one.

Make a post here and Chris will fix/lock it.

Or better yet, submit a problem report stating what the correct name should be and request that an admin lock the title name.

And in regards to Marvel 1602, or any other title that is different in the indicia from what it is on the cover, I always find a note explaining that this is the case in the title's notes field is always helpful :)

angeltread

Postby angeltread » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:32 pm

how about thor. the cover states the mighty thor for almost the entire thing. but the indicia always says just says thor. hate it when they do that.

Hayabusa

Postby Hayabusa » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:36 pm

Created Darth Revan from the Knights of the Old Republic video game fame and putting in his few appearances in the KotOR comic series in. I also added his little group called the Revanchists. So far, it's just him and Alek/Malak since no one else was named that I know of.

spid

Postby spid » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:41 pm

Hayabusa wrote:Created Darth Revan from the Knights of the Old Republic video game fame and putting in his few appearances in the KotOR comic series in. I also added his little group called the Revanchists. So far, it's just him and Alek/Malak since no one else was named that I know of.

Ok here the problem in Knights of the Old Republic he's not Darth Malak he's Squint. Since he hasn't become Darth Malak in the comic he shouldn't be listed as such. There should be a seperate entry for Darth Malak that links to his identity as Squint. It is how Anakin Skywalker is handled.

http://www.comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=738

Hayabusa

Postby Hayabusa » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Sorry, I'm used to Wookieepedia's policy of having all incarnations of a character on one page. It's good for an online reference page, but I can see how it's much easier on a comic database.

Kevin Schomburg
Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor

Postby Kevin Schomburg » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Uthor wrote:
angeltread wrote:in addition to that ive been replacing all kinds of random low quality low res covers with a nice 600px wide one with actual scans of the book i own.

You do that A LOT. You need more claps. :claps:

I'm not sure he's all that happy with you giving him the claps, you know?

Cheers,
Kev

spid

Postby spid » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:34 pm

I figured I would add something else to the thread.

A couple of weeks ago I suggested/added character photos for all the principle characters for Ex Machina, or at least the characters in the first two trades.

I also added in the primary characters for Drafted from Devil's Due. I still haven't finished up Stormwatch yet.

Merrik

Postby Merrik » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:22 am

Just finished going through the 25 issue series of Shadowpact (highly underrated series) and did my best to fully complete the series information. Added a whole slew of characters that made their first appearances in the series, updated characters that were already in the system but had no info on them, added as many profile pictures as I could cleanly scan or find, corrected incorrect creator information etc. etc. Didn't add a synopsis to any though. I'm too wordy and it would drag on forever.

spid

Postby spid » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:21 pm

I finally finished updating the first volume of Stormwatch. Now I need to find another project to start up.

Merrik

Postby Merrik » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:16 pm

Nothing big. Uploaded about 10 images for characters last night, and replaced about 25-30 crappy low quality covers in my collection with better higher quality scans. This getpaint.net thing is a friggin' miracle worker. I'm finally able to upload character images within the 20kb size limit that aren't the size of a dust speck!

Very exciting. :P

angeltread

Postby angeltread » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:21 am

Merrik wrote:Nothing big. Uploaded about 10 images for characters last night, and replaced about 25-30 crappy low quality covers in my collection with better higher quality scans. This getpaint.net thing is a friggin' miracle worker. I'm finally able to upload character images within the 20kb size limit that aren't the size of a dust speck!

Very exciting. :P

Im pretty impressed with paint.net too... being a photoshop guy and coming from a photoshop world. but now when it comes to a quick resize and save as i go to paint.net cause its quick and easy.

all my updates are the covers of all the comics i buy weekly(see sig). nice 600+ wide pixels pics.

hattertim

Postby hattertim » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:43 pm

Just added a little bit of info today...Martha Connors (Curt Connors' wife) appears in Giant-Size Spider-Man # 5, so this fills in a bit of a gap in her appearances. As an aside, she actually gets knocked out twice by the Lizard in this issue...you'd have thought she would have known better after the first time!

GenioDiabolico

Postby GenioDiabolico » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:48 pm

After doing the initial input of my collection, I went back and submitted covers for most of the issues I owned with no scans. Now I'm going through and adding titles and/or issues that didn't previously exist in the DB. This is leaning pretty heavily towards b&w mid 80's indie books from the boom. How could y'all have lived without Cecil Kunkle entires? There is some good lost gem type stuff too, like Micra from Comics Interview.

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:10 pm

Uthor wrote:I've got about 20 variant cover corrections waiting for Chris to get to. And over two dozen problem reports in general.

You guys are slacking on your end...

I'll be starting updating the info for the issues collected in the second Cerebus "phonebook" this week.

We get to the problem reports as we're able to.

brittanica23

Postby brittanica23 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:42 am

adding characters to Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse, albeit kinda slowly.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion