What have you updated lately?

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

übernot

Re: What have you updated lately?

Postby übernot » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:00 am

I just received this report from my collection:

Missing Covers

Issues (0):

That has taken me some time. I think there's still a few odd items I have not entered (those Drake's Cakes minicomics are hiding on me!), but it is a milestone for me. I joined some time around July, 2009, and now have synced the site with all the missing covers from my 24000+ issues of Marvel Zombie-ness, adding 252 issues (most current, some surprisingly not-so-current) and 1606 covers. I find the cover is the quickest way to recognize an issue, so I do my best to update this site with what I have.

However, I do appreciate when others take the time to upload quality covers. A big "thank you" to all those Marvel (and all those other publishers') fans out there who help the site (and me) out each week.

I also have my wife's collection synced up as well. Her 5000+ independent books have added 272 issues and 760 covers.

spid

Postby spid » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:48 pm

Congrats. Thanks for all the hard work.

rwe1138

Postby rwe1138 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:37 am

I don't know why I haven't looked at the forums much. I've been coming here for years.

Anyhoo, ever since Marvel has been putting out their Official Index to the Marvel Universe series, I use those as a guideline and go through updating every issue they've indexed. I figure that since it's coming straight from Marvel it's just about as official as you can get. Once I finish reading the new issue every month, I go through and add/remove creators, characters & teams, add letter pages, denote which characters only appeared in flashback, add any relevant information, etc.

So far I've done nearly full runs on Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men & Iron Man, all the way up through where their official indexes stopped.

Currently I'm updating The Avengers, Captain America & Thor as those are the focus of the current indexes being released.

It's time consuming, but I quite enjoy it.
Panelsonpages.com: When other geeks just won't do.

FrankCastleAZ

Postby FrankCastleAZ » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:36 am

Added issues #2 and #3 to "Street Fighter II The Animated Series" by Viz.
I will search for online photos for the covers soon to get those up.

I'm pretty sure there's more issues (the end of #3 says "to be continued") but since I don't have them in my possession I can't confirm they were actually produced.

Removed the 2004 female "Punisher 2099" from the 1993 "2099 Sketchbook" character listing and put the correct Jake Gallows version in instead.

Added "Villains (2006") issue #4 and a small thumbnail image of the cover art
Added "Spawn #13 Newsstand Edition" to the standard Spawn listing
Added "Hero Illustrated (1993) - #14".

I'm also going to be detailing thru all my Avatar Press comics, and fill in details there, as I know there's a lot of alternate covers and details missing here from those.
Text below I will use as a placemarker of stuff I need to fix:
-addcovers- Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (2007)
-fix cover artist names for all covers- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Fearbook (2006)
-add entire issue and details- Violent Lifestyle Volume One (2000)
-photograph the tons of autographs I have for creator pages-
-add Warrior #4-
- add Youngblood Imperial alternate cover-
- check up on Punisher skull variants for Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe (think there's an duplicate listing) -
- find cover photo for Hero Illustrated (1993) - #14 punisher/batman JRJR cover

-FrankCastleAZ
Last edited by FrankCastleAZ on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:47 am, edited 9 times in total.
Still hoping for a name change on the main site from Frank_Castle to FrankCastleAZ as long as it doesn't delete my collection/wishlist/profile etc. CLICK HERE to link to my main site profile.

Haxkerie846

Postby Haxkerie846 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:05 pm

I just added Charles Addams as a creator and added my collection of Addams Family cartoons to the database.

I consider, that you are not right. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

jwfreebird

Postby jwfreebird » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Haxkerie846 wrote:
I just added Charles Addams as a creator and added my collection of Addams Family cartoons to the database.

I consider, that you are not right. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Really? Okay, I just sent you a PM. Fill me in.

jimcripps

Postby jimcripps » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:16 am

Early this morning, I finally got around to putting covers up for my issues that were missing them. I also replaced one cover that had 'MyComicShop' emblazoned on it. That activity wore me out, just like picking at the ice on the driveway did today.

spid

Postby spid » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Soda wrote:I added virtually ALL characters from "Masters of the Universe" that haven't been added yet (all with photos) and added them to all the issues that I own. I left out some very obscure characters such as the Meteorbs who appeared only in 1 issue and I don't know much about them.

Then I added the characters from "Pirates of the Carribean", followed by "BraveStarr" and "Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers".

Let me guess your a child of the 80s? :D

Thanks for the hard work.

jwfreebird

Postby jwfreebird » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:54 pm

I finished entering all of the volumes of NBM's Tarzan Sunday comic strip reprints. And I see that Mikebo jumped in with some valuable cover contributions and corrections to the volume numbers. Thanks man!

mikebo

Postby mikebo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:13 am

Isn't Inducks great? I refer to it a lot too whenever I feel like working on Disney books. It's invaluable for figuring out where a story was first published.

Thanks for adding the Tarzan Sundays, jwfreebird. I recall looking through them in the bookstore when they were first published. I remember there was a softcover series being published at/around the same time, but the contents didn't match the hardcovers exactly. It was rather confusing.

jwfreebird

Postby jwfreebird » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:38 pm

mikebo wrote:Thanks for adding the Tarzan Sundays, jwfreebird. I recall looking through them in the bookstore when they were first published. I remember there was a softcover series being published at/around the same time, but the contents didn't match the hardcovers exactly. It was rather confusing.

That's interesting. I'd always figured the softcovers were the same as the HCs. Guess that one will require more research. And thanks for throwing the cover in for that Terry and the Pirates collection I added as well.

mikebo

Postby mikebo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:33 am

I added all the stories to this trio of 9-11 related anthologies.
http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=30757
http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=43634
http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=42851

Figured they should be fleshed out before the 10th anniversary came around.

jwfreebird

Postby jwfreebird » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:02 pm

I went in and added all of the issues for the classic 1970s Power Records series of Book and Record 45s. There were a couple in there already, but now we've got the whole series. And once again, mikebo quickly swooped in to provide much needed cover images and lots of creator details. Who is that masked man anyway?

BLACKDYNAMITE

Postby BLACKDYNAMITE » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:26 pm

I added an entry Blackest Night Starman in error. How can I delete the entry? Are the Moderators the only ones that can delete erroneous entries? If so, please remove the duplicate I entered. I apologize for the inconvenience.

mikebo

Postby mikebo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Have a link to the character in question? I couldn't find it immediately.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion