Help me remember a Vertigo comic?

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

caliban17

Help me remember a Vertigo comic?

Postby caliban17 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Hey guys,

I've been racking my brains to remember a comic, and can't do it.

Part of the comic is a flashback to a young kid and his father hunting in the Florida swamps, and they watch the Challenger Space Shuttle explode. I think the young kid grows up to be a sniper/assassin in the main part of the story.

I really thought it was Brian K Vaughn's 2000 Swamp Thing series with Tefe, but I reread most of that series, and it doesn't seem to be in there. I think it was probably Vertigo from 1998-2003 somewhere (my college years), and might be by Garth Ennis instead of BKV?

Does anyone remember this scene with a young kid watching the Challenger blow up in the Florida skies and then growing up to be a soldier/sniper/assassin? Did I totally make that up?

Soda

Re: Help me remember a Vertigo comic?

Postby Soda » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:45 pm

I don't rember the Challenger but if it has to be Vaughan maybe Agent 355 from "Y: The Last Man"? Although that's a girl.

Maybe someone from Robert Rodi's "Codename: Knockout"? I read only the issues penciled by Amanda Conner and Ed Benes so that's more of a wild guess.

Andy Diggle and Jock's "The Losers" had a sniper in it (but I watched only the movie so again... a wild guess).

mikebo

Postby mikebo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:10 pm

Pride & Joy perhaps?
http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=92504

Had a father & son theme and was set in some marshlands. Don't recall if there were any space shuttles or snipers though.

caliban17

Postby caliban17 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:30 pm

mikebo wrote:Pride & Joy perhaps?
http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=92504

Had a father & son theme and was set in some marshlands. Don't recall if there were any space shuttles or snipers though.

Hmmm.... that's a good guess. I'll have to dig that one out and check.

Return to General Discussion