Please help me find this comic

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

CoolKD

Please help me find this comic

Postby CoolKD » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:01 am

Hello, I have been surfing the web allot before posting this.
As a kid back in the early 80's I had a "space" comic book I thought was very cool. I was about 6-7years old and had a huge collection of different comics.
Of all the comics I owned there was one that really stuck with me and I would really like to read it again as an adult that now understands English.(I'm Norwegian)
As you could guess my English was not very good, so I just looked at the pictures. I'm gonna sum up all I can recall and hopefully someone can identify it for me :)

The drawings was realistic to a human body and in color. Actually very nice artwork. I'm pretty sure it was a book with a hard cover.
I have drawn a crude picture of what the man's spaceship looked like here. I think the ship was also on the cover, not totally sure..

The story starts off with this man(human) landing or crash landing on a planet(not earth)
Walking around on this unknown place he sees a women (A sexy one I might add :P ) held captive by some scary looking robots that has this strange big smile all the time on there faces. Really creepy looking. He rescues the woman and they take off and manages to escape the creepy robots.
At some point the man and the woman comes across a small deserted town that's falling apart. There they find some strange Slot machine robot's that thy play a bit on(like in Vegas slot machines)
From what I can recall it would seem that this is a one story kind of deal and not a series, but I'm not totally sure.

This is about all I can recall now and I hope some one can help me out... Thanks

UPDATE:
I have drawn another crude image of what the guard robots looked like.

Ukiah

Re: Please help me find this comic

Postby Ukiah » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:26 pm

Could it have been a story in an anthology comic collection - something like Heavy Metal?

I'm afraid my comic collecting didn't start until the late nineties and I don't own much before that period, the description you gave didn't ring any bells :/

CoolKD

Re: Please help me find this comic

Postby CoolKD » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:20 pm

I have gotten some info that it could be a story from Heavy Metal magazine.
Thanks for replying :)

Return to General Discussion