Trying to remember issue # of a Wolverine / X-Men Comic

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Ukiah

Trying to remember issue # of a Wolverine / X-Men Comic

Postby Ukiah » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:52 pm

There are two Wolverine comics I'm looking for, I owned at one point (lost unfortunately during a move or something). The first had Wolverine in Japan, I remember Jubilee was there as well (possibly also Gambit) and this Yakuza type character who wished to confront Wolverine. He had lost a hand in a previous encounter and replaced it with an artificial one which had fingers for blades (constructed by the finest sword-makers in Japan, I believe was the quote). Without batting an eye Wolverine cuts off the artificial hand with some quote like "What, this toy?"

Another Wolverine issue had him down in the Savage Land where Sauron manages to get him at the bottom of a crevasse and tells the amphibian mutant follower that he can't kill him by tossing rocks down on him so he'll have dinosaurs eat the flesh off his unbreakable bones.

Any idea which issues these would be? I think both were Wolverine titles thought they could also be one of the X-Men books.

pnova

Re: Trying to remember issue # of a Wolverine / X-Men Comic

Postby pnova » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:18 pm

There was a Sauron story in Wolverine around #73 I think Jubilee was in. The Japan Jubilee one sounds Jim Lee like - or around #40 Wolverine first series or after #140.

Skattershot

Postby Skattershot » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:43 am

Yes, both were "Wolverine" volume 1 titles, before issue 60 if I remember correctly. The missing hand person was Matsuo, and the "Psylocke" limited series finishes this little tale on the missing hand of his. The other with Sauron was also pre-issue 60. I'll take a look through my older books and see if I can pinpoint the exact issues you were looking for.

Soda

Postby Soda » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:17 pm

The second one is this 3-parter:

(the scene in question can be found in issue #70, final page)

prime25

Postby prime25 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:38 am

Lee Sullivan did the cover for the reprint of the Sauron story. I didn't like the US art in those issues. http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=127404
Not a fan of Dwynne Turners work here or in Transformers #68

Return to General Discussion