Looking for the title of an old comic

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Zosk

Looking for the title of an old comic

Postby Zosk » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:52 pm

Hello everyone,
I am looking for an old comic but I cannot really recall the title, I hope it's ok to ask on this board!
The word "Graphic Novel" may be more reasonable, as I recall it being collected into a small number of volumes (maybe 3?)

I read it a few years ago when I was reading a lot of french comics, like the works of Moebius and others, so I think it's french. The drawing was similar to another french comic called Lanfeust of Troy. The plot was similar to Lanfeust too, as it was about a fantasy world and a group of adventurer getting together for some reason, but it was a bit more mature.

One of the lead characters was a female warrior, dressed in red, who at some point during the comic lost her memory. In think she was also some kind of princess or queen. Another member of the adventuring party was a quite stereotypical male warrior. Part of the story happened at sea, with the comic taking a bit of pirate theme.

It was a bit old, but not that much, maybe it was published around the year 2000?

I know it's a very vague description of a typical fantasy comic, but maybe it being european can narrow the field?
I hope someone can help me :wink:

mikebo

Re: Looking for the title of an old comic

Postby mikebo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Doesn't fit your timeframe, but how about the Lanfeust of Troy spinoff, Cixi de Troy?
http://www.gwthomas.org/cixi.htm

Zosk

Postby Zosk » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:57 pm

Thank you but I already checked out that one! It's something similar anyway...

jmc95

Postby jmc95 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:56 pm

Check "Les feux d'Askell/The fires of Askell" : http://www.bedetheque.com/serie-38-BD-F ... skell.html

Same writer than "Lanfeust", same penciler than "Gnomes de Troy", unfinished series (3 books from 1993 to 1995), small group (Cybil, the beautiful woman with memory loss at some point, the iconic old warrior, the assassin, the poet…), an heroic-fantasy world mostly composed of seas and small islands (yep : pirates !), and more mature than Lanfeust (some gore, lots of nudity and more…).

The never published 4th book was titled "La princesse sans mémoire/The princess without memories", referring to the Cybil character.
The series is mourned by many, mostly because of the beautiful painted artwork by Jean-Louis Mourier, and the lovely Cybil.

But it differs from your description by the fact that she's not a warrior, but a dancer with a bad temper (at least at the beginning of the story), and she doesn't wear red. More green and yellow tones… that is when she's wearing something!

Return to “General Discussion”