Masters of the Universe new continuity?

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Xelloss

Masters of the Universe new continuity?

Postby Xelloss » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:01 am

Shouldn't be the characters from the new DC MOTU continuity separated from the ones before this DC comics? (I ask before doing it, not asking someone to do it XD)

spid

Re: Masters of the Universe new continuity?

Postby spid » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:30 am

I don't really see a reason to add new entries for the characters.

Soda

Postby Soda » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:37 pm

Please no. I don't think this is needed for licensed characters (otherwise basically EVERY time a licensed property changes licensee it would need new entries unless it builts up on the stuff before it). Not to mention that some characters would need up to 5 versions: He-Man and Skeletor alone would need: Mattel, DC (pre-crisis), Filmation, 200x and DC (post-Flushpoint).
And I also spent many hours on adding all those characters to the DB and if a character has only 3-5 appearances combined in all those 30+ years of existence it's unnecessary.

It's enough that somebody went completely bonkers with "G.I. Joe" and especially "Transformers" - where the database has 17 (!) versions of "Optimus Prime".

Xelloss

Postby Xelloss » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Ok then! I just ask because in DC new continuity they have so much different backgrounds that I think they perhaps should have different profiles...

And also because they are part of new 52 continuity... (Earth in this comics, is Earth 0 of New 52, He-man mother indeed live in dc earth 0 XD)

Return to “General Discussion”