Cover terminology

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

gerryfrankenweenie

Cover terminology

Postby gerryfrankenweenie » Tue May 23, 2017 8:24 pm

I'm kind of a comic book know-nothing who has undertaken the databasing of an 8k+ collection for a friend. I'm doing pretty well so far, but sometimes the terminology from site to site trips me up. I'm 99% sure they are the same cover, but in one place it is listed as a 1:150 cover, and in other places it says it's a retailer incentive cover. The place that says it's a 1:150 cover also has the wrong bar code listed (it's the same as the 1A cover), if that makes any difference. If it matters, it's Saga #1. Thanks!

mikebo

Re: Cover terminology

Postby mikebo » Wed May 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Could you link to the issues in question? I checked Saga (2012) #1 and its variants, but didn't see anything related to what you had described.

Skattershot

Re: Cover terminology

Postby Skattershot » Thu May 25, 2017 5:13 am

Sometimes the "1:150: and "Retailer Incentive Cover" may mean the same thing. I do alot of Aspen, and get the variants and the covers (typically Cover C" are Retailer Incentives. This also happens on what I call "Expo Covers", covers done for places like WizardCon and such. They too will say in them "Retailer Incentive". When all else fails, I default to the barcode. If the last digit's a "1" it's more than likely the regular cover. Also, keep in mind that if your going off the picture on the site, it could be someone uploaded the wrong cover.

Return to “General Discussion”