Foreign issues of American comics

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

MadHatter84

Foreign issues of American comics

Postby MadHatter84 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:16 pm

I think having foreign issues of American comics only makes things more convoluted and complicated than it needs to be.

For example, I was curious about how many issues of "X-Men" author Mike Carey wrote. On his page, we have the original, American X-Men series, from 1991. And also some French issues, some German ones, even Dutch... This just make it more visually polluted and harder to find the information people want.

I'm not against having this kind of information, but I think it would be better if it could be separated. Maybe a different page, or at the bottom, separated from the "original" comics.

What do you people think?

Soda

Re: Foreign issues of American comics

Postby Soda » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:35 am

Personally I'd love to see a feature that would allow for various languages and/or reprints to be filtered out but I'm not holding out my breath for new features here.

MJFreitag

Re: Foreign issues of American comics

Postby MJFreitag » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:09 am

I lived in England for 21 years and have vast collections that started in the US, continued in England, and then picked back up in the US again. Personally, I like having them all in one place in the database as I would have to keep changing filters if they were separated.

Return to “General Discussion”