Problem entering a new creator

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Jason Green

Problem entering a new creator

Postby Jason Green » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Hey all, I was entering data for the OGN Off the Wagon and was trying to add a few new creators to the database to complete the information. I got them all added just fine, except one: whenever I try to add the Bryan Ward (website: http://www.bryaneward.com, who should be listed as penciller and inker for the story "The Lament of Johnny Fry"), the entry page just refreshes and erases my entry without adding him to the database. I also tried putting him in as Bryan E. Ward (to even further differentiate him from Bryan K. Ward, who is already in the database) and that didn't work either. I can add other creators, but something about that name, the entry form just doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Soda

Re: Problem entering a new creator

Postby Soda » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:35 am

Yeah, the database doesn't allow duplicate entries in names. The problem is it ignores the "middle name". You have to add the name in a variation (I added him now as "Wardrobe"), then edit the name (I deleted the "robe") and voilá - the name is in the database and I added it to the entry you mentioned. :)

Jason Green

Re: Problem entering a new creator

Postby Jason Green » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:50 pm

What a weird error! Good to know the way around it, though. Thanks for the quick response! :D

Return to Site Support