New Issue: Blank Entries

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Ukiah

Re: New Issue: Blank Entries

Postby Ukiah » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:52 pm

What happens if they don't respond to the emails? I mean this site is great but normally I don't tend to check it every day, is 24 hours enough time for someone to notice there is a problem? Is the problem that much of a problem that more time to fill in the data can't be given?

Going back to the other problem, how are titles with no issues under it treated? In some ways I think that might be a bigger problem (though probably not seen as often), can anyone tell if the title exists if it has no issues attached to it? At least you can assume an entry missing a creator is actually out in circulation and can be filled in by another contributor if the missing info is noticed, right?

spid

Postby spid » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:41 am

The message goes to the person's email not to somewhere on this site. And people do not normally add dozens of blank titles over a short period of time. Adding blank issues happens all the time, and because of their greater visibility on the site it encourages more people to add blank issues.

Uthor

Postby Uthor » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:15 am

I'd appreciate an email if there's a problem. I remember creating an anthology issue to add it to my collection, but skipped the creators because it would have taken 30+ minutes of adding (and creating the missing creators) and I just didn't have the time. I was planning of coming back to it after work and was counting on seeing it in my newly added issues list to remind me, but it got deleted without an email. Sure enough, it wasn't in my list and I forgot about it for a couple of days until I went to rate the issue and noticed it was gone. Lost the cover that I added, too. :/

tl;dr: Please, email if there's a problem before deleting.

spid

Postby spid » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:50 am

Almost everyone gets an email unless you have been warned on multiple occasions. We recommend people don't put in entries when they are in a hurry. The site will not greatly harmed by having a comic entered in later, but having bad entries does go against the spirit of the site being a resource to others.

spid

Postby spid » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:30 am

I wanted to bump this thread up again because there seemed to be a rash of blank entries today.

Previous

Return to Site Support