Shows/Games/Etc which should be made into comics

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Ukiah

Shows/Games/Etc which should be made into comics

Postby Ukiah » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:32 pm

A lot of shows have come out with extra seasons in comic book form (such as Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, etc). In that vein, what pieces of entertainment out there would you like to see given more airtime by appearing in comics?

Personally I would love to see Conkers Bad Fur Day come out as a comic. For those not familiar, it was this fantastic N64 game that had a setting that was reminiscent of old-style cartoons with a lot of dark humor and adult jokes thrown in, not to mention tons of references - mostly movies (Saving Private Ryan, The Matrix, Bram Stokers Dracula, Aliens, etc). Great game and had an ending that could easily have launched into a sequel... which never happened.

aaronmoish

Re: Shows/Games/Etc which should be made into comics

Postby aaronmoish » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:13 am

I was thinking about this not long ago, actually, and there are three great shows that were cancelled before their time:

"The Adventures of Brisco County Jr."
"Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles"
"Veronica Mars"

More "Babylon 5" would also be great, as long as Straczynski was the writer or "show runner". How about some stories set between the end of Season 5 and "Lost Tales"? Or the never-filmed episodes of "Crusade"?

Soda

Postby Soda » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:22 am

I want a wrap-up of "Surface" so bad.
I'd also kill for some "Monkey Island" comic books.

aaronmoish wrote:More "Babylon 5" would also be great, as long as Straczynski was the writer or "show runner". How about some stories set between the end of Season 5 and "Lost Tales"? Or the never-filmed episodes of "Crusade"?

Two words: Telepath War.

mikebo

Postby mikebo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Soda wrote:I'd also kill for some "Monkey Island" comic books.

That could be great. "The Further Adventures of Herman Toothrot."

Two series I was teased with comic continuations of were Pushing Daisies and Twin Peaks, but they weren't meant to be :(
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2011/04/bryan-fuller-offers-first-look-at-pushing-daisies-comic/
http://twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/2007/07/exclusive-matt-haley-interview.html

Return to General Discussion