Creator Pictures

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Skyhawke

Creator Pictures

Postby Skyhawke » Sun May 11, 2008 4:35 pm

Well convention season has started out with a bang and I thought I take a moment to point out to everyone that a lot of pictures will be taken of creators. Please take a moment see if we have a picture of these creators in our database. Chances are the more independent the creator is the less chance we have a picture of them.

People find it very helpful to look at the picture of the creator so they know who they looking for at the con.

Or if you are a mean picture taking machine like Fnord Serious was at the Emerald Comicon and want to post those pictures that works as well. :)

acomica

Postby acomica » Sun May 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Great idea.

Fnord Serious
ComicBookDB.com Admin

Postby Fnord Serious » Mon May 12, 2008 1:23 am

It was good to meet you at the con, Skyhawke! I hope you had a safe trip home.

I took a ton of pictures on Saturday, and then on Sunday, I got my bag with the list of photos and half the day's quarter bin shopping stolen out of my car :evil: Luckily nothing expensive was stolen, but I'm still pissed at myself for leaving the car unlocked :shock:

I think I remember most of the creators I photographed, but I will be posting some photos later in the hopes that someone may know who they are. Hopefully I will get them posted later tonight as Mrs. Serious and I are leaving on vacation tomorrow morning. If I am vigilant, you will see some photos tonight, otherwise look for them next week :wink:

Skyhawke

Postby Skyhawke » Wed May 14, 2008 3:59 pm

Man that sucks about the stolen property. If you need some help, I still have my program book and I might be able to help with some of them.

Fnord Serious
ComicBookDB.com Admin

Postby Fnord Serious » Sun May 25, 2008 7:32 pm

So I ended up with 5 creators that I couldn't identify. I thought I'd throw the pics up here to see if anyone recognizes them.

This guy is an artist who was sitting between Aaron Lopresti and Kieron Dwyer. I know he's done mainstream work, but I'm blanking on his name.
Edit: This guy is Matt Haley. Thanks to Frank Castle of the CGS Forum for putting a name to the face.

This one will be the hardest to identify. He was an illustrator who was very surly about the idea when I told him about comicbookdb, saying that he doubted any of his work was listed there. He refused to pose for a picture but did let me photograph him doing a sketch.

This gentleman was the best dressed creator at the con. He is an artist and had some books published by Image.

ImageImage
These two ladies are self-publishers out of Portland. I think I'll be able to find out who they are by emailing the creators they were sitting next to, but I'm putting them up here as well just in case anyone recognizes them.

Thanks for the help if anyone can identify these artists. I'll post some more creator pix later.
Last edited by Fnord Serious on Mon May 26, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fnord Serious
ComicBookDB.com Admin

Postby Fnord Serious » Mon May 26, 2008 6:12 pm

Uthor wrote:Seriously? He sounds like a dick.

I say you delete all mentions of his name just to prove him right and make him sad when he comes here to check the validity of his claim.

Eh, you know, artist's temperament and all that.
Actually, I don't think he had any comics work to go into the database. It looked like he was an illustrator who didn't do comics. Which kind of begs the question "Why is he at a ComiCon anyway?". But still, he could have been nicer about it :)

Ireul

Postby Ireul » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:01 pm

i thought the whole point of a con was to interact with your fanbase? What a total dillweed.

Purple

Postby Purple » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Uthor wrote:
Fnord Serious wrote:Image
This one will be the hardest to identify. He was an illustrator who was very surly about the idea when I told him about comicbookdb, saying that he doubted any of his work was listed there. He refused to pose for a picture but did let me photograph him doing a sketch.

Seriously? He sounds like a dick.

I say you delete all mentions of his name just to prove him right and make him sad when he comes here to check the validity of his claim.

Yeah, that would be quite funny.

I won't be buying any of his work if it is on here.
~Purple

harry045

Re: Creator Pictures

Postby harry045 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:35 am

I took a ton of pictures on Saturday, and then on Sunday, I got my bag with the list of photos and half the day's quarter bin shopping stolen out of my car Luckily nothing expensive was stolen, but I'm still pissed at myself for leaving the car unlocked :shock: :shock:
www.internetisfun.com
Amazing Pictures Amazing Pictures
Amazing Photos Amazing Photos
Interesting Pictures Interesting Pictures
Internet Fun Internet Fun

Return to General Discussion